Thursday, August 13, 2009

This 'n' That....and a new painting!

The past 2 weeks have been mostly spent doing "non-painting" tasks....such as laundry & housework. Ugh! That's my price for spending 2 weeks on vacation...painting! The past 3 days, I've been re-arranging my painting setup in the studio so I can take advantage of today's technology and work from my computer monitor rather than a printed photograph. A photo just doesn't give enough information to the artist, especially in shadow areas. A computer-enhanced digital image and the "zoom" feature is a tremendous tool for an artist in the studio.

"Cottonwood Valley"
11" x 14" Watercolor

So, working from my computer monitor, today's painting is "Cottonwood Valley". The image I worked from was one that's been in my "digital files" for more than 5 years. In times past, working from a print-out, I've used various "bits & pieces" from this image, but today was the first time I've worked directly from the computer monitor. Eureka!!! It's ALMOST like being there. What a fun day at work. Have I mentioned that I love my job?


No comments: