Saturday, April 13, 2013

En Plein Air GO!


Terlingua Creek - 10 x 12 Oil
Today I'm excited to share a new adventure - I've been asked to be a contributor to a new plein air website EnPleinAirGO!  This is a sister-site to Eric Michaels' En Plein Air Pro blog and website.  The site will publish reviews from different plein air artists of favorite painting destinations. Those of you who follow my plein air "travels" know that my field easel is the En Plein Air Pro   My first review is Big Bend National Park.  Included in the review are photos of the area - photos of paintings completed there along with suggestions on how to get there, where to stay, eat, ....and, of course...paint!  

  Old Mine Shack - Watercolor 9x12

The 2 paintings in this post were painted in 2012  just outside the west gate of Big Bend National Park - Terlingua, Texas.   I will be writing a review (complete with photos) on a favorite "destination" about every 2 to 4 weeks.  I'm really going to enjoy being a contributor to the site.  Writing these reviews will take me back - allow me to re-visit the sights & sounds and the joy of painting on location.   I'm looking forward also to reading reviews of other artist's favorite destinations and add to my "bucket list" of places to paint......Anyway, click on this link and take a little trip with me....

No comments: