Saturday, November 15, 2008


"Outta Gas" 16" x 20" Watercolor
I've been painting every day the past couple of weeks, trying to meet several deadlines; 22 illustrations for a children's book and 2 exhibitions. I can't share my book illustrations yet...the author is still working with a publisher. But, I can share one of the paintings I completed last week for a membership exhibition of the Ellis County Art Association in my hometown of Waxahachie, Texas. This painting is of an old abandoned gas station with 50's era trucks parked behind it. The scene is on a corner of a little town in South Central Texas called New Zulch. It has most of the "ingredients" for a Texas landscape...all that's missing is a Longhorn standing in a patch of Bluebonnets! I plan to do several paintings of this location from different angles. The change from Daylight Savings time has resulted in a lot less time for plein air, and more time in the studio. Speaking of studio, I better get back to work.

1 comment:

Torrie Smiley said...

Dear Tina,

You've been tagged! Check my blog for the rules. :)

Torrie