Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Last day in Rockport - well spent!

"Roxana Marie"
11x14 Plein Air Watercolor

The art gods were kind to me this morning...barely a whisper of wind and I was able to complete the painting I started yesterday. Actually, today was the better day for light; something yellow on the deck that I couldn't see was "bouncing" onto the front of the cabin and also on the back. Colors were vibrant and the water in the harbor was beautiful. I photographed this painting 3 times trying to get the subtle reflected yellow. It's still difficult to see in the digital image, but there's a hint of pale yellow. I'm glad I went back to finish; it made a much better painting today than what was happening yesterday.
I can't believe how quickly the time has passed and it's time to go home. My husband and I both agree that it would be very easy to live here full time; maybe some day......
We're going to stop and stay 2 days in Georgetown. John's going to play golf and I'm going to get one more painting done; we'll be camped along the San Garbriel River. Should be plenty of subject matter, don't you think?

No comments: