Saturday, July 18, 2009

STILL IN ROCKPORT.....

The past 2 days have been fun, fun, fun for me! Rockport and Fulton Harbors have subject matter everywhere...the trick is to find shelter from the wind and sun. Today I painted in the parking lot across from "Mom's Bait Shop". Sun was a little strange today; not bright, but not "hazy" either. I was successful in getting my umbrella anchored to the truck mirror and managed to get all set up.
My view from across the street......compare it with the painting below; it's ok, I think!

"Mom's Bait Shop - Rockport Harbor"
9"x12" - Watercolor on Arches 140# Cold Press

Yesterday I painted in Fulton Harbor...the painting below is the Fulton Bait House...my favorite plein air thus far....sometimes a painting just goes together effortlessly; this was one of those moments.
"Fulton Harbor Bait House"
9"x12" Watercolor on Arches 140# Cold Press

Later this afternoon, we're going to take a walk along a fishing pier...John wants to fish; I'll take my sketchbook along just in case that "perfect" composition jumps up in front of me!

No comments: