Thursday, May 13, 2010

“Cloudy Day on FM 1446” – Oil

Last Monday, in spite of the 30 mph winds, and intermittent sunshine,  I painted out west of town on FM 1446.  Wildflowers were resplendent in gold & yellow.  I saw the flowers first, then the dirt road leading up to a farmer’s metal gate. About every 15 or 20 minutes, the sun would shine on the flowers and the road leaving the trees in the background in shadow.  The contrast between bright light and dark shadows is what I tried to capture.  I was able to get most of the painting completed, but the wind finally won out – I decided to finish it in the studio so I packed up about 4pm and came home.  Beside, it was almost time for supper anyway :-) Enjoy!

 CLOUDY DAY ON FM 1446

“CLOUDY DAY ON FM 1445” - 9” x 12” - Oil  

This painting is available for purchase.  Please email for more information: tina@tinabohlman.com

No comments: