Monday, May 31, 2010

Paint Historic Waxahachie….day 4

The weather has been wonderful….HOT, but wonderful.  I painted 1 painting last Friday, 2 paintings on Saturday, 1 on Sunday, and 2 today.  Here’s what I’ve done so far…

REDINGTON & REDINGTON 5-28-2010                       “Redington & Redington” – 9x12 – watercolor  

TROLLEY AT THE ROGERS                     “Trolley at the Rogers” – 9 x 12 – Watercolor  - This was my Quick Draw painting – I was worried that I’d picked a scene that was a little too ambitious to get finished in the 90 minute deadline…but as the courthouse clock tower chimed..I was signing my name! It SOLD at the auction following the Quick Draw.

KATY BRIDGE OVER WAXAHACHIE CREEK2

Katy Bridge over Waxahachie Creek” – 11 x 14 - Watercolor

THE PERKINS HOME

                 “Perkins Home on University Avenue” – 11x14 Watercolor -  Sold! Mrs. Perkins came out to see how I was coming along and loved it….she said “I’ve just gotta have that!!!”….woo hoo!

SUNLIT-Texaco by the tracks

          “Sunlit – Texaco Tanks by the tracks”  - 16x20 watercolor- this is my first large plein air; usually I don’t paint larger than 11x14, but I’ve been planning this painting for 2 years and decided that it was a subject matter that needed more space. I’m pleased with how it turned out.

AT THE FEED STORE-FINISHED                   “Boyce Feed & Grain” – 11 x 14  Watercolor - I haven’t uploaded the digital image of this painting from my camera yet, but here’s the photo I took of it with the feed store in the background.

Except for the Trolley painting, (it’s gone home with a buyer) all of the above paintings are on display at the Ellis County Art Association art center, 501 West Main, Waxahachie, TX.  The paint out will continue through the next weekend.  The deadline for paintings to be submitted for judging is 2pm Friday afternoon and I plan to paint at least 3 more.  I think I’ll try to do a couple small oil paintings.  Stay tuned……!

2 comments:

Margie Whittington said...

Wonderful paintings, all. You are an inspiration!Thanks for sharing.

Michael Chesley Johnson, Artist / Writer said...

Nice paintings, Tina! It's good to see some of the scenery, too. I'm looking forward to painting some of this!