Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hard at work....

Well, it's been several days since my last post, and it's not because I've been 'slackin off'....I'm working on a children's book. This nice little bit of work fell into my lap about 10 days ago and I'm up against an August 12 deadline to finish 18 illustrations. I'm half-way through....9 to go.
I'm also trying to work around a little "glitch" in my schedule..... my husband is scheduled for major surgery, checking into the hospital on Aug 3rd , with surgery on Monday, Aug. 4th.
Anyway, I'm working on a couple of studio pieces and I'll share them with you soon.
This image is the result of a recent plein air adventure at the Dallas Arboretum. What a lovely place to paint!

"Lofty View" - Watercolor - 10" x 7"

This painting was accepted into the Arboreatum's plein air exhibit, "May Flowers" and will be on display through October.

Latest News: August, 17th through August 24th, I'll be in Estes Park Colorado participating in the 7th Annual Paint the Parks. I'll be painting along side more than 50 nationally recognized artists as we capture the grandeur of Rocky Montain National Park and the beautiful town of Estes Park. Life just doesn't get any better than this!!!!



No comments: