Thursday, October 29, 2009

Painting in Paradise!

Here are two paintings in my sketchbook from a visit to Maui September of last year. I'm so excited to be returning to this location again this Sunday - staying for 7 glorious days!

It's a beautiful island with mountains, farms, beaches, and plenty of subject matter for an artist. I'll try to meet up with Julie Houck, an island artist and fellow member of International Plein Air Painters. Can hardly wait! I'm standing on one foot, then the other, just like a little kid....doing my "antsy-dance". :-)
I have my gear all laid out, checking it twice before I stuff it all into my carry-on backpack. I'll begin painting Monday or Tuesday, depending on other's schedules.
....better go back in my studio; can't remember if I have enough tubes of turquoise.....I'm painting in paradise, you know, and there's a lot of that color there.....

No comments: