Saturday, October 17, 2009

Plein Air - Downtown Historic Cedar Hill

This was one of the nicest days we've had this Fall in north Texas. Taking full advantage, I went to Cedar Hill to spend the day and paint en plein air with Visual Artists of Cedar Hill.

The subject of my painting is a building on a downtown corner...named "Southwest Corner Gallery". Owner of this cute eclectic gallery and gift shop are Bill & Vicki Watkins. Bill spotted me painting and came over to see and to show me a book with some photos of the building back in it's "heyday". Originally the building was a bank and it's now a local "landmark" famous for being one of the banks Bonnie & Clyde robbed.
"Southwest Corner Gallery" 9x12 Watercolor

Below is a snapshot of my plein air setup with painting almost complete. Right after I took this photo, Bill came back over with his camera and took a photo of me as I finished up the last couple of strokes. Great day on "the Hill"......

No comments: