Saturday, February 7, 2009

A "plug" for the Arts!

I don't like politics.  My husband loves it.  Needless to say, in an election year, we don't have many conversations...(grin).  The news is over-run with commentary about the Economic Stimulus bill currently going through both the House and Senate in Washington DC.  Arts funding is scheduled to be cut from this bill.  This is one of the few times I'm willing to get "involved" in a political issue.
Click on the above link and choose any number of ways you can help support the arts in these tough economic times.  Too many times, when spending has to be cut back, funding for the arts is the first to go...it would be nice if it would receive the same financial support in our education system as sports programs.
Ok, I'm off the soapbox and back to my drawing board. 

No comments: