Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Atteberry's Home

9" x 12" Watercolor
I've been working on a commission for the past couple of weeks and I finished it yesterday.  This is a portrait of Bill and Kathy Atteberry's home in Midlothian, Texas.  I started the painting on location, returning 2 more times to make sure I had the roof and porch lines correct.  The home faced the East with a "ga-zillion" trees in the front yard that kept the entrance in shadow all day. The only time sunlight hit the entrance was for about 45 minutes around 10:30 am, therefore my time on location was very limiting. On the last trip, the sun was filtering through the trees highlighting the American Flag.  Up to that point, I hadn't really committed to an area or "center of interest".  Shadows on the lawn leading to the flag on the porch was the perfect lead-in to the painting.   I presented the Atteberrys with their painting this afternoon; they were delighted with it.  Bill said that I had "nailed it".  That's about the best compliment a patron can give me.  

1 comment:

Austin Maloney said...

Hi Tina, I love your work.

My name is Austin and I'm a fellow artist and blogger who would be interested in doing a reciprocal link exchange with you. If interested please let me know.

Best Wishes,

Austin Maloney

http://austinmaloney.blogspot.com/

email

amaloneyart@gmail.com