Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Paint Out in Terrell, Texas – Day 2

Today was another “bluebird day” – sunshine, 75 and only a little more wind. I went back to the historic home on 1st street and decided to paint the carriage house.  The shadows cast from the trees created plenty of contrast across the roof and the lawn.CARRIAGE HOUSE sketch

The sketch – even though I have my ‘Best Brella’ clamped on my easel,  the sun was already creeping onto my paper.  In the course of the 2-1/2 hour painting session, I had to adjust the umbrella 3 times.  I’m painting on 140# Arches cold press that has been glued to a  masonite board. My paints are Daniel Smith.

CARRIAGE HOUSE-ON LOCATION TERRELL I’m almost done here – just need to add another layer to deepen the shadows and add more foliage to the big tree behind the carriage house. This photo doesn’t show the huge tree very well, but it’s at least 4 stories tall and the new spring yellow-ish green leaves were absolutely glowing in the bright sunshine.  As you can see, I did some “pruning” of  several shrubs and completely eliminated one.   All Done! Another great day at “work” – As I’ve said many times…..I love my job!!!!

 CARRIAGE HOUSE on 1st street-Terrell 

“CARRIAGE HOUSE” - 11 x 14 Watercolor                                                   Paint Historic Terrell - Terrell, Texas

No comments: